Pages

27 September 2015

How to Choose A Wordpress Theme/Template for Your Blog or Website

So you have successfully installed wordpress on your website and now all that is left is to choose and install a very nice theme right? This post Will help you to choose the best theme for your blog or website.
Very well then, what is a theme? In web design speak, a theme is simply a bunch PHP and CSS codes which control the layout and looks of your website. However, you don't need to know how to code PHP and CSS before you can use a theme. Most themes are already made though you may need to customize your theme in order to appear unique.



You will want to know that there are thousands of both free and premium wordpress themes on the internet which you can choose from. A good place to begin your search is at the wordpress theme database. Well as I have said, there are thousands of themes on te internet so choosing a theme for your site could be a big headache. You also need to know that the theme you choose can either make your site or ruin it. So care must be taken when selecting a theme for your website.

What Theme Should I Choose?

You need to know that the theme you choose can either make your site or ruin it. So care must be taken when selecting a theme for your website (guess I said this earlier?).
So to determine what theme will suit your site, you should copy out the following questions on a sheet of paper or notepad and then carefully go through them and provide a very accurate answer for each question.
  1. What is the niche of this website or blog I am building? Is this a company website, powered by wordpress or it's just another wordpress blog?
  2. Do i want a professional look?
  3. Will a magazine styled theme be cool for my wordpress site?
  4. Am I willing to pay for a theme?
  5. What colors do I want my theme to have?
  6. Do I want a two column or three column theme?
Now that you are done answering those questions and a few more that may cross your mind, you are  now ready to commence your theme search and a good place to begin is here  at the wordpress themedatabase.
Good luck!

Like our Facebook Page and also Follow us on Twitter and also Click Here to subscribe to this blog for you not to miss the next update.


No comments:

Post a Comment