that it exist as liquid. The base of the product is water. The quantity of water that is required for the production of a given volume of detergent is relatively high. It is necessary to have a good source of water supply when you want to venture into liquid soap production. In this post I will be sharing with you a step by step guide on how to produce liquid wash for home use or for the public.
Requirement For Liquid Soap
Mixing bowl
Buckets
Hand glove
Wooden spoon
Container
Water
Materials Needed For 40 Litres Of Liquid Detergent
Nitrosol/Antisol/C.M.C(Carboxy methyl cellulos )…………….…….2 tin Milk cup (Very Full)
Sulphonic Acid………………………………………………………………………. 2 Litre
Caustic Soda………………………………………………………………………….. 2/3 tin milk cup
Soda Ash………………………………………………………………………………...1 tin milk cup
Texapon…………………………………………………………………………………. 11 - 20 teaspoonfuls
Formaline(optional)…………………………………………………………………6-16 teaspoonfuls (optional)
Perfume(fragrance)……………………………………………………………….. As desired
SLS( Sodium Laurate Sulphate)……………………………………………… 11-20 teaspoonfuls
Sodium Tripoyphosphate(S.T.P.P)..............................................11-20 teaspoonfuls
Colorant………………………………………………………………………………….. As desired
Water……………………………………………………………………………………… 35litres
Method of preparation
- Dissolve the caustic soda with 2 litres of water and all to stay for 30minutes to 1hr or over night.
- Dissolve soda ash in 2 litre of water and allow to stay for 30min/hr or over night.
- Get your sulphonic acid, pour inside an empty bowl, add your perfume(fragrance) to it and the texapon, then add like 10litres of water and stir very well for about 5-10minutes
- Dissolve the SLS with 5 tin milk cup of water
- Dissolve the STPP with 5 tin milk cups of water also
- Get the Nitrosol but if is C.M.C you are using, make sure it is dissolved 2 days to the preparation of the soap with 10litres of water. If you are using Nitrosol, It is used instantly(as in, no need soaking it down)
PREPARATION
- Get the Nitrosol that has been dissolved in water or the c.mc, that has been dissolved for 2 days to the preparation of the soap.
- Add the dissolved Sulphonic acid, texapon and perfume to either Nitrosol or C.M.C depending on the one you are using and stir very well
- Add already dissolved Caustic soda and stir very well.
- Add the already dissolved soda ash and stir properly
- Add formalin to the content and stir properly.
- Add the dissolved S.T.P.P and Stir
- Add the dissolved SLS to the Content
- Dissolve you colorant in water and ensure that the colorant is completely dissolved, then add it to the solution and stir thoroughly
- Add some quantity of water to the mixture, depending on the thickness of the mixture. Leave the mixture for some hours or preferably till the following day and then package for use.
Price of the Materials
Sulphonic Acid 2litres……………………………………………………………………..1000
Nitrosol 1/4kg…………………………………………………………………………………..600
S.L.S 1/8kg………………………………………………………………………………………..200
Caustic Soda 1/2kg…………………………………………………………………………....50
Soda Ash 1/2kg………………………………………………………………………………..100
Texapon 1/8kg………………………………………………………………………………….200
STTP 1/4kg………………………………………………………………………………………..100
Perfume…………………………………………………………………………………………..200
Colour………………………………………………………………………………………………..50
Formaline 1/4 kg………………………………………………………………………………120
If you want to produce 20litres. Just divide the materials by two and follow that process.
Like our FACEBOOK PAGE and also CLICK HERE to Subscribe to this blog for you not to miss the next posts updates.






Is the water not too much for the mixing of the Antisol and forming,and the mixing of soda and sulphuric? How thick will it be if I use this exct quantity?
ReplyDeleteThe water is not too Much and for the thickness, it will be moderate but if you want to sell it you will have to add more water after finishing the production
DeleteHow much water to be added after finishing the production?
ReplyDeleteI depends on how tick you want it to be.
DeleteWhere can i get the items cheap
ReplyDeleteCan the same process and material be used for car wash liquid soap?
ReplyDeleteWhy do some liquid soap foam more than some others?
ReplyDeleteThe reason is the quantity of sulphonic acid present because that is the foaming agent.
DeleteThanks. Also how can I make a soap lemon/ citrus based?
ReplyDeletePlease I have a problem that needs urgent attention, I made my liquid soap and it lost its thickness after sometime like hours after production now its very watery. please what can I do to stop that in my next production?
ReplyDeleteThanks.
Hi valeria, the watery nature of the liquid wash may be as a result of two thing. The first may be you added too much water when mixing it or you use Nitrosol which is a day chemical. This are the two thing i notice that may caused it when producing liquid soap. In you next production try and use c.m.c. Dissolve it for 2day and stir it very well, you will get a very thick liquid soap.
DeleteCan sunlight or heat affect the soap mix?
ReplyDeleteIt has never occur to me if it will affect the mixture. i have always done my production in a close door.
DeletePlease, can I add fragrance after production?
ReplyDeleteMY QUESTION IS, IN ALL UR EXPLANATION U DIDNT MENTION IF WE WOULD PUT IT ON FIRE TO HEAT
ReplyDeleteYou will not put it on fire since it is not key soap.
DeleteThank you for this thread
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for this, but please where can someone get the materials to buy?
ReplyDelete@ olutunde, where can I get all the materials needed pls. Like in what kind shop can I get all the materials. Thanks
ReplyDeletecheck shops that are selling chemical around you.
Delete@ Eniola: if you live in Lagos not far from Ojota, then you can get at Ojota. within the market by the ojota bus stop facing ketu ikorodu. if you are coming from ikorodu facing yaba, will have to use the pedestrian bridge.
DeleteDear Olatunde,
ReplyDeleteYour post was very helpful. I tired it and it came out FANTASTIC. I aimed at 100litres and I ended up getting 235litres, can you imagine that! the SLS rice worked wonders, it went thickening and I keep adding water which never reduces its foaming. I am very Happy you were very detailed. I followed you step by step no addition, no subtraction but off course multiplication *wink*, please keep this up.
Hi, olutunde, you didn't say how we should dissolve the SLS and the quantity of water to be dissolved in. And the formaline also. Again for how long should I dissolve the STPP pls. Thanks
ReplyDeleteThe author said and i quote ''Dissolve the SLS with 5 tin milk cup of water.''
DeleteHello Olatunji Femi my question is about the CMC. Since using Nitrosol may result in the soap becoming watery after production and cmc does not, how does one dissolve the cmc? Do you pour in a bowl and stir in the water or do you add it to the water and stir?
ReplyDeleteYou can follow any of the two, you will still achieve the same result.
DeletePlaces were you can get the chemicals to produce liquid Soap and other chemcal products:
ReplyDeleteAdewolt chemicals, suite 4 omolad shopping complex besides egbeda pharmacy Lagos.
Tel- 08177389605
Dear Femi,
ReplyDeleteGood day.This is a nice interactive window to share our views.Nitrosol,Antisol and CMC which of them is preferable and why?
CMC/Antisol is the best because due to the fact that you get a very thick output
Deletehow is liquid soap business?
ReplyDeleteHello Femi, nice work ure doing here. thumbs up for u. i will be making mine in a few days time. i want to avoid the mistake in which the mixture will later turn watery. pls which would u advise is best Nitrosol or C.M.C?
ReplyDeleteGo for C.M.C
DeleteOlu, I have learnt a lot from u within a very short time. You are doing a wonderful job here. The Lord reward your generosity. Pls. what does CMC stands for? Thanks
DeleteCMC Stands for Carboxyl methy cellulose.
DeleteHello Olu, thanks for a wonderful post. Just one question. Pls how do i make the liquid soap transparent. Thank you
ReplyDeleteThe foam that forms immediately I add sulphonic solution is so much that it does not allow for proper stirring no matter how big the container is. Sir, what do you think my problem is. Thanks for your large heart
ReplyDeleteThe trick to solving your situation is to use a container twice the capacity of the quantity you want toproduce. If you want to produce say 50 litres, use 100 litre container. This will accommodate the foam that forms. The form will later dissolve into the the mixture.
DeletePlease note that Nitrosol is also good. I have used it several time and my soap as never gone watery. I willl try and use CMC in my next production.
ReplyDeleteHello Olu, You are God sent to have shared this info in details. I tried my hands on it (production) and the result was fantastic! Wow. You are one in a million, you are a good man. I want to use to medium to say thank you very much and may God bless you richly.
ReplyDeleteHello Olu, You are God sent to have shared this info in details. I tried my hands on it (production) and the result was fantastic! Wow. You are one in a million, you are a good man. I want to use to medium to say thank you very much and may God bless you richly.
ReplyDeleteKudos. have. tried d soap but never transparent. what. is my mistake?
ReplyDeleteI WAS TAUGHT OF IT YESTERDAY BY ONE OF OUR SISTER IN THE CHURCH. AND I DECIDED CHECK ON NET. EVERYTHING SHE SAID IS JUST THE SAME AS YOU WROTE IT. THANK YOU FOR THE IMPACTING OF KNOWLEDGE TO OTHERS.
ReplyDeleteMy soap feels sticky and unnecessarily slippery when felt on the Palm not like the morning fresh that will feel light and easy to wash off. Pls what do I do?
ReplyDeleteGood day house,am into the business i started in September this year and i want to thank GOD for the turn out am praying for greater sales.
ReplyDeleteGood Evening House, please what is the difference between these liquid soaps , is the one for Bath prepared the same way for the ones used for utensils cleaning ?
ReplyDeleteThanks Sir .
Good Evening HOUSE ,
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate the blog and user comments ! Very Educative indeed ! Please my question is , what makes the preparation of The Body Washers (Bathing Liquid Soap) production different from Utensils Cleaner (Cleaning Liquid Soap)? Is the production different ? Or can it all be used on Multi Purposed occasions?
Thanks ..
Please I am so impressed with the soap making.
ReplyDeletewhere can I get the all the raw material. I want to try it for household use. Thank you. Nneoma
Hi. Thank you so much for this. I make my own liquid soap though i must confess, it is not as rich as this one because there are about 3 ingredients i have never used before. I am thinking of trying out this formula with the new ingredients and hope to have a more rewarding experience.
ReplyDeleteI love what you do---helping others. Thank you so much.
Amba-Myne
I'm worried about the color. That is it's never transparent just milky. To explain further, you notice the transparency of other liquid soap like morning fresh. Even with the color, yo can still see through it. Why is that?
ReplyDeleteSo dedicative one may God continue in inspiring you greatly thanks so much
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for this educative so nice thanks a lot
ReplyDeleteDear Femi. Can you send you contact Atleast email for consultancy
ReplyDeleteDear Femi. Can you send you contact Atleast email for consultancy
ReplyDeleteI Found it educative and practicable superb.
ReplyDeleteMay God bless you
hello dear i appriciate ur work thank u very much but i want u to tell me the raw materials measurement by kg or grams .
ReplyDeletehello dear please tell me that by kg or grams
ReplyDeletePls femi is caustic soda compulsory?
ReplyDeletevery educative,good work and keep it up
ReplyDelete